Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Why I Hate Facebook

I have a Facebook account because my daughters insist upon it.  I despise Facebook for the most part.  One reason is I always manage to tick someone off on Facebook.  I swear I will not comment on posts that I disagree with, but sooner or later I do, and I always end up receiving private emails letting me know how unappreciated my remarks are.  Tonight I stepped on toes because I just could not let go a post that kept referring to Mormons as if they were not Christians.   Now, I am not siding with anyone on religion, because I am not a religious person, myself.  But people who say things like "Christians and Catholics", or "Christians and Mormons" drive me nuts.  Especially, if they claim to be Christians.  If you are a Christian, you should know enough about your religion to know some of its major sects.  I always read enough to be sure these references are not mere grammatical errors, but that indeed, the speaker thinks Catholics and Mormons are not Christians.   Oh, the little irritations that rile me and lead me to speak up and end up offending people.  
That is why I have this blog.  No one reads it so I can say pretty much whatever I want.  If anyone does read it, they probably do not know who the person behind the blog is, so I have a degree of anonymity even if it is not guaranteed.   That being said, I try not to post anything I would mind having attributed to me, and I often do not say the full extent of what I am thinking on a subject that I would mind having attributed to me in a public way.   At my age, I do not mind speaking my mind but still see no point in being hurtful.  But there are always those who will take offense at the least remark.