Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Coming up Soon

DB and I are in agreement (a rare occurrence) on the subject of teasers used by television news programs.  Before a commercial break, the newscaster will announce an upcoming story (a teaser). So the viewer sits, expecting the story to immediately follow the break, only to find himself still waiting when the next commercial break, with the same teaser, rolls around.  This pattern repeats itself several more times before the actual news story is aired--usually at the end of the program.   Because the government loves to burden us with too many laws and regulations, it should consider a regulation making it mandatory that once a teaser is announced at the start of a break, the story must at least be aired between the time the newscast has resumed and the next break.   This regulation makes a lot more sense than most others.

I am considering making a list of life's little irritations and this issue will be on the list.  As this list will be on the internet I do not have to worry about running out of paper or pen before this incredibly long list is completed.  Of course, this list is not as long as some other lists, such as my Honey Do list.  

Speaking of Honey Do lists, DB has been completing work in my sewing room which is now in what used to be the study, making it much more organized.   I love the pegboard for holding all my acrylic rulers.  Ruler organization has been a major challenge in my quilt world.  I love knowing I can just reach out and take the ruler I need off a peg rather than digging through piles of other rulers which take up valuable space needed for other purposes.  Also, DB has organized all the cords from the computer router and modem, my Bose speakers, the television and cable box, plus my sewing machines so that I no longer have to look at a huge tangle of wires or dodge them when on a roll with my rotary cutter.   I knew I did not make a mistake when marrying DB. 

One of life's pleasures is being married to a guy who is handy around the house!